Our client is a global medical technology company with a focus on the improvement of medical discovery,
diagnostics and the delivery of care. They provide innovative solutions that help advance cellular studies and
genomics, enhance the diagnosis of infectious disease and cancer, improve medication management, promote
infection prevention, equip surgical and interventional procedures, optimize respiratory care and support the
management of diabetes.
As a scientific support specialist you will have the opportunity to utilize your competences to provide high
quality support to the customers over phone and emails. You will be part of a multicultural and dynamic team
and you will interact with staff at all levels.
You will use your knowledge and experience to provide high quality support to our customers on reagent
products and application as well as flow cytometry instruments and software. You will analyze and troubleshoot
complex flow cytometry applications problems.
You will conduct training courses to external or internal customers on instruments and applications. You will
develop and maintain training documentation materials.
You will support Application Specialists, Field Service Engineers and Sales Engineers via phone or email.
You will maintain a high level of expertise in reagents and applications, develop and maintain technical content
for the BD Biosciences knowledge base.
You will occasionally travel to provide support at scientific congresses and to present technical seminars to
customers and colleagues as well and contribute to new products launches.
- Master’s degree in biological or medical sciences or Bachelor's degree combined with several years of relevant
experience in immunology
- Several years of practical laboratory experience in the use of BD Flow Cytometry sorters, using different
instruments and applications
- Fluent written and spoken language skills in English, French and German
- Effective communication skills and a good telephone manner are very important
- Excellent presentation and teaching skills
- A first experience as a trainer will be an advantage
- Knowledge and ability to analyze and solve technical issues while maintaining a customer focus
- You enjoy working in team and consider yourself to be a good team player